By Neil Sison
Got an Opinion? Boxing Fans Submit Your Article to Nowboxing.com
I am Filipino and of course a Manny Pacquiao fan. I fully understand the issue on drug testing – both sides will never agree to pressure as this will mean mental advantage for their opponent.
However, and whatever – it has tarnished the image of the Pacman and the fight fans will always have some doubt in their minds on the abilities of Manny Pacquiao, if he will not subject himself to the drug-testing. After reading the article “USADA’s Travis Tygart on Blood-Testing, Steroids, Boxing” by Lem Satterfield.
Following are my recommendations for PACMAN to CLEAR his name:
1. Approach USADA and ask them to educate him on the drugs, blood testing, etc.
2. After understanding, be an advocate of the “random” Olympic style drug-testing. He can do this by asking that both him and Joshua Clottey be subjected to random blood testing. Request NSAC to conduct this type of testing on all the fighters.
3. Fight Joshua Clottey clean (proven after he takes the drug tests to silence the critics).
4. Continue with the lawsuit against Mayweather Jr., Floyd Mayweather Sr. and Golden Boy Promotions over steroid and performance enhancing drug allegations.
5. Do not fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. in the short term, maybe after 2 more fights.
There are many benefits to the above suggestions as follows:
1. Pacman will be able to clear his name from the slanderous steroid accusations by the Mayweather camp and fighters like Paulie Malignaggi and Kermit Cintron.
2. He will be a “HERO” in the random blood testing scandal.
3. He will be able to condition himself and by the time he fights Mayweather, it is already ingrained in his mind that the blood tests will not weaken him.
4. Floyd Mayweather Jr. will not have the mental advantage over Pacquiao.
5. He pursues the case and have the “mental” advantage over Mayweather.
Discuss this and other boxing events in the Now Boxing Forum (membership is FREE)