ESPN Deportes’ Viernes de Combates analyst Delvin Rodriguez fights Pawel Wolak in a televised undercard bout on the Margarito vs. Cotto card
ESPN Deportes to offer comprehensive news and information coverage of two of the most anticipated fights of this year featuring two of ESPN Deportes’ top boxing analysts. Coverage throughout the entire week prior to each fight, across all platforms.
Lightweight champion and ESPN Deportes’ analyst of Golpe a Golpe, Juan Manuel Marquez takes on eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao on November 12 at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas.
ESPN’s Viernes de Combates analyst Delvin Rodriguez to fight Pawel Wolak in a televised undercard bout on the Antonio Margarito vs. Miguel Cotto card to be dispute December 3 at Madison Square Garden in New York.
ESPN Deportes exclusive news and information programming coverage:
- Live coverage of the weigh-ins and face-offs.
- Following the scales, Golpe a Golpe will have exclusive access to the fighters in their individual sets from MGM Grand in Las Vegas and Madison Square Garden, with the ring as the backdrop.
- ESPN boxing experts Jorge Eduardo Sanchez, Bernardo Osuna and Jaime Motta to provide expert coverage of the fights throughout the entire week prior to each fight.
- David Faitelson will join the trio to telecast post-fight shows with the fighters.
- SportsCenter will present post-fight reactions and interviews.
ESPN Deportes Radio special broadcast:
- Miguel Angel Cebreros to broadcast A los Golpes from MGM Grand Las Vegas November 11 and will provide up-to-the minute coverage of the December 3 event.
- Cebreros also will present the latest news and updates of each fight during special segments on ESPN Deportes Radio’s SportsCenter.
ESPNDeportes.com coverage highlights include:
- Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Márquez Cover It Live chats
- Live streaming of press conferences and weigh-ins from MGM Grand Las Vegas and Madison Square Garden, Nov. 11 and Dec. 2, respectively.
- Hot Button fan poll
- Live updates of both the Pacquiao vs. Marquez and Rodriguez vs. Wolak fights
- Access to complete video of Pacquiao vs. Marquez I and II – http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/videohub/video/clipDeportes?id=1411516&cc=3888
- Video Blogs
- Daily Podcasts by Miguel Ángel Cebreros
- Post analysis by Miguel Ángel Cebreros
- Post-fight Video Blog by Noel Piñeiro and Miguel Ángel Cebreros
- Cover It Live chats from Las Vegas
ESPN Deportes La Revista November- Fighting Issue:
- Cover featuring Pacquiao and Sergio Agüero
- Special report around the legacy of Manny Pacquiao: an overview of his boxing career
- Marquez third fight, last chance
- Marquez visits the Philippines: Rival’s origin
This is the third fight between Marquez and Pacquiao. The two fought to a draw in 2004, and Pacquiao won the rematch in 2008. Marquez has won eight world titles in three different boxing weight classes. Pacquiao is the first eight-division world champion and has won six world titles.
Puerto Rican three-division world champion Miguel Cotto confronts for the second time professional rival and three-time welterweight world champion Antonio “The Tijuana Tornado” Margarito, of México. After their first controversial fight back in 2008, the two are set to square off December 3rd on even grounds.
Rodriguez and Wolak battled a 10-round draw in an exhilarating fight on July 15, 2011 in one of the all-time great battles in the history of ESPN’s Friday Night Fights. This is a rematch of their July brawl.