By Superstar Billy Graham
Andre Berto, Ring Magazine #3 ranked welterweight fighter in the world, seems to be enjoying himself on twitter at the expense of Manny Pacquiao’s next opponent Sugar Shane Mosley. The two seem to have some extra time to give each verbal jabs, basically good time breaking each other’s balls. Here’s how it went read the full twitter battle: http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articles/11857-twitter-hitter-berto-scores-tko-win-over-mosley
After reading The Sweet Science article above you can see that Berto did finally get the last word in the battle of the welterweight twitters. The Superstar personally leaves twitter alone. But it seems people can have a real good time. Berto in his last verbal jab, used a low blow/below the belt attack by using the very touchy subject on Shane’s involvement on the use of steroids. All of sudden Mosley went silent, probably was saying to himself “Aw…man. Why did you have to go there?”
But Sugar Shane doesn’t realize he has a few arsenals he can bring up to Berto. The Superstar will list them. Hopefully Sugar Shane will use these as comebacks next time he is on twitter with Andre Berto:
1. Berto has been in the welterweight division for 5 years. Has never fought anyone in the top 5 in the welterweight division.
2. Freddy Hernandez, his last fight which ended with a 1st round KO. Is not even listed among the top 10 welterweights in the world.
3. How many high profile fights has Andre Berto been involved in? ZERO.
4. How many people attended his fight with Junior welterweight Juan Urango in his home state of Florida? Less than 3000.
5. How many people attended his fight with Carlos Quintana in his home state? Less than 3000.
6. How many people attended his fight against Freddy Hernandez where he co-main evented with Juan Manuel Marquez at the MGM Grand? Less than 5000
7. Why was Berto’s father yelling at Andre in the 12 th round in his fight with Luis Collazo “We need a knock out to win the fight?”
The biggest criticism on Andre Berto’s career is the lack of big name top 5 fighters in the world or even the top 5 in his weight class. Berto has never been involved in any high profile fights. Shane Mosley has been involved in some high profile fights such as Vernon Forrest, Winky Wright, Oscar De La Hoya, Antonio Margarito, Miguel Cotto, Fernando Vargas and Floyd Mayweather Jr. Of these high profile fights several occurred when Shane was over 30 years old. Hopefully young 27 year old Berto will have a few high profile fights notched on his belt before he reaches 30 years old. To reach the top 10 pound for pound list, Berto has to take his career to next level and start taking on high top ranked fighters in his division. One way is too challenge the top 5. Currently Berto is ranked #21 Pound for Pound. Shane is actually ahead of Berto, ranked #17 pound for pound. Berto may be the #3 ranked welterweight fighter in the world, but who has he fought lately that makes anyone say “AW….I GOTTA WATCH THAT FIGHT!!” ? Crickets chirping.
Got an Opinion? Submit Your Articles and Press Releases to be posted on NowBoxing.com
*Please refrain from leaving any Racist, Profane or Derogatory comments*